To help keep you in the spirit
That’s what I thought. I feel like I don’t blog enough and when I do it’s a whole lot about nothing. Or when I really try I get zero views and zero comments. Funny how just a pic can get hundreds of views. Well nothing is going to get me down!!! And winning an award is just what I needed to get me to post something so here goes…
Not sure if this is an actual blog or if this is it. Nevertheless I was nominated by The Girl In Orange. If her answers didn’t have me laughing well then I might not have tried to attempt this. (BTW thanks to The Girl In Orange I found out liebster means ‘dear.’) Check out her clever and very funny blog here. She was nominated by Absolute Frankness. That blog is exactly as it says – frank. But many times you will find you can laugh and relate. Check it out here.
Here are the rules for this Liebster Blog:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself (This serves as your acceptance speech.)
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
So here goes with 11 facts about me…..
1. I have 5 older sisters and no brother. Yes that makes me the baby and I still love that! I don’t love the fact that all of us siblings are about to be in the 40 and over club.
2. I live with 1 cat, 1 ferret, 1 parrot, and 3 dogs. Yes I need more human friends or a job or a life.
3. I was born in Ohio. I now live in Texas and have for most of my life. I have memories of snow and snow gear from Ohio. You would too if it took an hour just to get all buttoned, zippered, and booted up just to go outside and play in the snow. I remember first moving to Texas and the kids making fun of how I say my name. Jim. Not much to it so I thought they were weird. Then again we’ve never gleaned a southern accent so maybe that was it.
4. I planted ~20 trees on my 1 acre lot this year. Most of them were different types of citrus trees. Most produced fruit this year. So much so I had to throw some away. Terrible I know! I hear a friend say that their citrus tree after 8 years finally produced fruit and I was all HA! I must know what I am doing because the ones I planted this year gave me some fruit! But I really don’t know what I am doing. I assume water is all they need.
5. I don’t have a sweet tooth. I will eat an occasional candy or cake but rarely if ever do I crave something sweet. It must be from sugar over dosing with my sister when we were young. We used to walk a block to the convenient store and buy all the cheap candy we could for a couple of dollars and have it all eaten by the time we got home. It’s a wonder I still have all my teeth.
6. I still have all my teeth. Not really. I got a few removed when I started wearing braces for a couple of years solid. Still have nightmares where my teeth fall out.
7. I am a musical snob. I shouldn’t be because I had a few friends that made fun of me if I didn’t like the right song or the right band for the right reasons. I hated that but as I got older I found myself thinking that when I was young musicians didn’t wear meat as costume on stage! I do try to let others like whatever they want especially the nieces and nephews but it’s hard.
8. I don’t watch much “normal” TV. When I say normal I mean I watch an inordinate amount of cartoons. I still love Spongebob and will watch a lot of the others on Nickelodeon. I do not watch the singing game shows. See fact#7. I do not watch “reality” shows. I know that means I am not in the know but that’s ok with me.
9. I love love love hanging out with my niece Ella and her younger brother Evan. My niece is spunky and stubborn just like her mother. My nephew is on the autism spectrum and he is so fun to be around. If god could poof and give me a son I’d want one just like him. In fact I’d take 10!
10. At this point there isn’t a common food I don’t like. I say “common” because outside of beef, chicken, and seafood, we might have issues but I will try it. I used to be so picky but I find that if all the cool kids are eating sushi and I want to hang I better eat sushi. LOL!
11. I can’t believe I made it to 11.
Now for the questions The Girl In Orange gave me:
1. What did you have for breakfast? Do you, by any chance, have a picture? #nerdalert
LOL! Instagram! But no I don’t have a pic. I woke up late and stayed in bed a while so I had lunch. It was Taco Bell. Don’t judge me!
2. When you read a book, what point-of-view do you like to read? (eg, first person, third person, omniscient)
All. Depends on the book. Has to be good and if it is then the point of view doesn’t matter.
3. If someone you loved started trying to convince you that there were extraterrestrial beings in your closet, would you side with them or turn them into an asylum?
Asylum. Hands down. I mean come on.
4. If you could make it rain ANYTHING, what kind of precipitation would you like?
Made me think of the movie Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. I guess hamburger would be nice but since we lost hundreds of trees due to a drought I’d say just plain old rain. Would rain in the form of an Arnold Palmer be ok for plants? Maybe that would be better.
5. What is your preferred method of exercise? (running, CrossFit, yoga, etc)
Etc I guess. I don’t do much running or anything. I should!!!
6. Coffee or tea?
Tea. I drink more coffee than I like because my sister is addicted to Starbucks and is always dragging me along.
7. Chocolate or vanilla?
8. Would you rather have to sprinkle hot pepper on every food you ate, or chocolate chips?
Hot pepper. Just seems like it would be a better combination.
9. If you were to die in the morning, what would your last meal be? (Don’t confine it to “dinner” foods!)
It would have to be something sushi related. I can’t get enough but it ain’t cheap! If it were my last meal I might leaving without paying so price wouldn’t matter than.
10. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
Ice cream but yogurt is fine.
11. What is a charitable cause you vehemently stand behind?
Can’t think of one but it would have to be pet related. I was considering starting my own for birds or ferrets but may help some already established in the area.
Now for my 11 questions to my winners:
1. If you could live anywhere else in the world where would it be and why?
2. Would you want to be super smart or super rich?
3. If you could play a pro sport (tennis, football, baseball, etc.) what would it be and why?
4. If we could live on the moon or mars in the near future would you go live there?
5. Moustache, goatee, or clean-shaven and why?
6. One Direction or The Wanted or none of the above?
7. What is your dream car?
8. What CD did you last buy?
9. What concert did you last attend?
10. What movie did you last watch?
11. If you could be anyone else on the planet who would it be and why?
11 is a bit much and these prolly have more than 200 followers. Sorry. Hope you enjoyed.
Jim and Harley